2 April 2012
BOARD OF ARCHITECTS PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE EXAMINATION 2012
- The Board of Architects will be holding an examination in Professional Practice in November 2012.
- Graduates from the Department of Architecture, National University of Singapore and other recognised Schools of Architecture, who wish to sit for the examination must have registered as Professional Practice Examination Candidates and obtained not less than twenty four (24) months of practical experience in architectural work. This should include practical experience in architectural work in Singapore for a continuous period of at least twelve (12) months.
- New candidates are required to attend an Architectural Practice Course which will be conducted by the Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA) on behalf of the Board. They can contact SIA directly on this matter. Please note that attendance at all tutorial sessions is compulsory Candidates who are unable to attend their scheduled tutorial sessions for medical or other justifiable reasons must produce to the Board such reason of absence before they will be allowed to sit for the examination.
- Use of digital readers and digitized reference materials for the PPE 2012:
- With effect from November 2011, the Board has allowed the use of digital readers and digitized notes and references during the open book written Professional Practice Examination (PPE).
- There are no restrictions on the model of the digital reader.
- Candidates are warned against making use of such devices to obtain answers from the internet or communicate with people within or outside of the examination hall during the examination.
- Candidates who are suspected of cheating will be disqualified and banned from taking part in future examinations.
- An applicant is required to submit the following:
- Application form for admission to the examination (click here to download)
- Form 1 - Application for registration (click here to download)
- A copy of qualification papers (such as degree, diploma etc.)*
- A copy of transcript of courses completed, showing subjects and examination results*
- A copy of the Board of Architects original practical experience log book
- A copy of the professional case study
*Please bring along your original certificates/transcripts for verification if you have not presented them when you registered as a Professional Practice Examination candidate earlier.
- Fees payable:
||Application fee for admission to the examination
||Application fee for registration
- Payment to be made in cash / cheque made payable to Board of Architects.
- Examination fees will not be refundable.
**First time applicants who have previously paid $100.00 to sign up as PPE candidates are only required to pay $400.00 for the examination application.
- Application forms, log books and case studies must reach the Registrar, Board of Architects, Singapore, 1st Storey, MND Complex, Tower Block, 5 Maxwell Road, Singapore 069110 by 4.30 p.m. on Friday, 11 May 2012.